At Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center, we are proud to help adolescent boys overcome a dual diagnosis. Mental health issues and substance abuse go hand in hand for many teens and are best addressed concurrently. Creating the right environment for teens to receive treatment and go through recovery is critical. Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center offers a safe, home-like environment that includes a private school for boys on the premises. As a result, residents can continue with a top-notch education while in treatment.
You and your family don’t have to suffer from your son’s addiction and mental health concerns alone. If you’d like more information on how a boys’ dual diagnosis treatment center works, then give Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center a call at 662.373.2828.
What Is a Dual Diagnosis?
A dual diagnosis is also known as a co-occurring disorder and exists when someone is battling both a mental illness and a substance use disorder at the same time. A large percentage of those with a substance use disorder in the United States also have a co-occurring mental health disorder. Many with pre-existing mental health issues will turn to drugs or alcohol as a way to self-medicate.
Treatment for a dual diagnosis occurs at a treatment center where substance use disorders are treated alongside co-occurring conditions such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder. Research has shown that treating the disorders at the same time rather than one at a time provides better recovery success for both disorders. It also lays the foundation for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong recovery. Dual diagnosis treatment continues to become more common as clinical studies show a clear connection between mental health issues and substance use.
Benefits of Dual Diagnosis Treatment
Dual diagnosis treatment centers like Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center offer safe, positive, home-like environments. During their time in our program, teens can receive treatment, go through recovery, and in some cases, continue their schooling. The benefits of dual diagnosis treatment are many, including:
- Your teen will be able to understand the reason and meaning behind what led to abusing drugs or alcohol. Then, they can better manage both addiction and mental health issues through very targeted therapy.
- Knowing that a dual diagnosis exists before your teen enters a treatment facility means that you will receive more focused care. Your teen will receive a customized treatment plan designed by a therapeutic team just for you and your recovery.
- Your teen will learn to accept the fact that you have diseases that they will have to live with and manage for the rest of their life. A treatment program like the one at Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center is dedicated to helping your teen have a plan for thriving in long-term recovery.
- Your teen will have an amazing network of support among peers going through similar experiences and an extensive team of therapists and medical professionals that become like family.
Contact Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center
At Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center, we offer a dual diagnosis treatment center. This program can help adolescent boys struggling with both a mental health and a substance use disorder. There’s no shame in seeking the help that you need, and at our treatment center, we strive to make residents feel like they have a home away from home. They will learn how to create a life free of drugs and alcohol and focus on their well-being.
Our team helps treat substance use disorders alongside mental health issues such as:
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Our treatment team understands the unique challenges facing teens today, especially when it comes to treating co-occurring disorders. Call us today at 662.373.2828 to learn more.