The Healthiest Diet for a Teen to Follow
- Eating a balanced meal will improve the healthful development of a teen.
- Whole-grains are instrumental in giving your teen the feeling of being satiated with the intake of fiber. Consuming whole-grain breads and pasta along with brown rice are good choices in fiber and necessary nutrients.
- Fruits and vegetables may not be your teens first choice in food. The best way to get Vitamins A, B, C, and beta-carotene without taking a multivitamin, is to eat fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors.
- Low-fat dairy provides calcium that is beneficial for growing boys and girls. Calcium is most advantageous during the teen years because they can absorb the mineral into their bones while the bones are still growing and help to build bigger muscle mass.
- Lean proteins contain amino acids which are the building blocks of cells, muscles, and tissues that are ever changing in a teen. With the right amount of protein in their diet, enzymes and hormones will remain in production to keep an adolescent's energy on point.
- Healthy eating habits and engaging in regular physical activity will lower the risks of obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center offers residential treatment that is intended to equip your teen for the journey ahead. We offer a secure, compassionate, motivational space to develop abstinence and critical life skills.
Call us today to start living in recovery: 662-598-4214