Please join us for a Live Webinar on
Wednesday, February 24th from 12-1 PM CT/ 1-2 PM ET.
1 CE included for clinicians and mental health professionals:
- Discuss the importance of healthy sleep and the signs and symptoms of one of the most common teen sleep disorders – insomnia.
- Explain the cognitive behavioral treatment of insomnia (CBT-i), one of the most effective and efficacious treatment approaches.
- Identify entry-level application of CBT-i tools for the adolescent treatment population.
- Sleep disorders are prevalent, including among young people.
- Select sleep disorders are more prevalent than others during teen and young adult years.
- Insomnia is among the most prevalent disorders.
- The consequences of untreated insomnia can be significant and impactful.
- Cognitive behavioral treatment of insomnia (CBT-i) is one of the most effective and efficacious treatment approaches available.
- 12:00 – 12:05 PM: Opening and introduction
- 12:05 – 12:15 PM: Basics of sleep, normative sleep data, importance of healthy sleep
- 12:15 – 12:25 PM: Teen sleep, prevalence and impact of teen sleep disorders
- 12:25 – 12:30 PM: Assessment and diagnosis of insomnia, including differential diagnosis
- 12:30 – 12:50 PM: CBT-i for insomnia, including tools for adolescent treatment providers
- 12:50 – 12:55 PM: Review of CBT-i protocols
- 12:55 – 1:00 PM: Summary and conclusions
Course content level: Beginning or Introductory
Participants must have logged in, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate. Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates will be available following course completion at www.ceuregistration.com.
To request special accommodations, or to report a grievance please contact Kennedy Shortal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.