Intended for Good
The Stonewater Council for Youth
Like never before, our adolescents are in crisis and struggling to cope.
- 76% of American schools have reported increased concern about student mental health post-pandemic.
- Drug use among teenagers went up 61% between 2016 and 2021.
- Between 2019 and 2020, overdose mortality in adolescents nearly doubled (94.03%).
- More than 60% of high school seniors have abused alcohol.
- Suicide is the leading cause of death for people 10 to 34 — and rose 8 % for people ages 15 to 24 in 2021.
As community leaders, it is our duty and responsibility to support this next generation, and give them the tools they need to take the baton and build a better future — for themselves and all of us. At Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center, we have committed to contributing our educational resources, clinical best practices, and subject matter experts to better prevent, identify, and treat adolescent mental health struggles and substance abuse. But we need your help.
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good, to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. — Genesis 50:20