Is There a Connection between Marijuana use and Bipolar Disorder in Teens?
- Participants who used marijuana 2-3 times per week at age 17 or before were far more likely to report hypomania symptoms at 22-23.
- Any marijuana use in teenage years increased the risk of hypomania at age 22-23.
- The more teens used marijuana, the greater the risk for hypomania.
- Males were more likely to demonstrate symptoms of hypomania.
- Males were also more likely to use marijuana.
- Physical or sexual abuse in childhood had an indirect link with marijuana use and hypomania.
Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center offers long term residential treatment programs for addiction recovery. Our programs involve the whole family for foundation building, life cleansing change.
Call us today to start living your recovery: 662-598-4214