Ways to Decide if Your Teen has an Eating Disorder
Develops food rituals
- Cutting food into small bites.
- Arranging food in a specific order on the plate.
- Weighing and measuring foods before consumption.
- Eating only at specific times or places.
- Religiously counting calories or keeping to a certain caloric limit.
- Not wanting to eat around others.
- Withdrawing from friends, social activities, and family.
- Finding wrappers or containers stashed in the teen's room.
- Large quantities of food quickly disappearing out of the refrigerator and cupboards.
- Consistent talk about the need to lose weight or how fat they are.
- Persistent negative thinking directly related to body image.
- Constantly weighing themselves or looking in the mirror.
Stonewater Adolescent Recovery Center leads the way with progressive, evidence-based programming to most effectively treat each individual adolescent while focusing on the uniqueness of each client. Healing the mind, the body, and the spirit as one in the same can make the biggest difference in staying sober.
Call us today to start living in recovery: